Dear Readers [i.e., Mom and bored facebook friends],
I apologize for taking so long to write a new post. I last posted November 10th. I have been incredibly busy since my last post. I finally finished my master’s thesis on the German Baptist experience under the Third Reich. It was great fun, but a lot of work. My duties at work have also been consuming, which have made it difficult to find time to blog. I have a few minutes today to blog, so I thought I’d just share some exciting things going on in my life (and random thoughts that pop into my head).
- As you may know, we announced on October 10th that we’re going to have a baby. We found out yesterday that we’re going to have a little girl. Here is her picture
- I am pleased to announce that I am graduating from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I have enjoyed my time at SBTS, but I am excited about taking a semester off from school to hang out with Mrs. For Aslan and prepare for our little lady.
- Mrs. For Aslan and I are planning to attend Andrew Peterson’s Behold the Lamb tour again this year. This is one of our favorite Christmas traditions. It is a great concert, based on a great cd. Here’s a fun taste of it. This is Andrew Peterson singing the genealogy of Jesus found in the book of Matthew:
- I love this time of the year. I love music, and the Christmas season is full of great music. Here are some songs that I really enjoy during this time of year that you might not know:
Andy Gullahorn has written a wonderful song focused on communicating what Immanuel means. He is an excellent songwriter, and he has a real way with words. Go buy his Christmas album recorded with his wife Jill Phillips. This song is well worth listening to.
You might already know this song, but I have to include it. I absolutely love it. It has a hauntingly rich melody, and it explores the mystery of the incarnation.
- I am excited about getting to spend time with family during Christmas without any concern about finishing research or writing a paper.
- I am excited about giving gifts. I’ve found my lovely wife some great stuff, and now I am shopping for my lovely daughter. I like these:
- I am also super excited about huge news in the coffee world. The introduction of a solid electric pouring kettle:
- Lastly, I’m excited about reading some books for fun. Here are some books I have on my shelf and I plan to read in the next several months:
Until later friends…