It has been a while since I have written anything on this blog. I have had a great Christmas break. I have been very busy, and haven’t found much time for blogging. Since there has been a rather large outcry from my readers (and by that, I mean my wife and a couple of my co-workers asked why I haven’t blogged in a while) I figured I could at least throw up a quick post. And the best way to do a quick post is to have no trail of thought. So…here’s a blog list:
- Christmas was great. Jen and I made our way through Tennessee. It was like our own little Tennessee version of the Oregon Trail, except I didn’t shoot anything, no one got sick, I wasn’t a banker, and we were in an Altima, but other than that, very Oregon Trail-ish.
- We really enjoyed all the time we got to spend with family over Christmas. Living far away from family presents its challenges, but it sure does make seeing everyone all the more special.
- I learned that playing Kinect is different than other video games, it requires stretching.
- We had a great New Year’s weekend. We didn’t do a whole lot, and that was a good thing. I have really enjoyed getting to just hang out with Jen. Last semester was so crazy, it has been such a blessing to have free time with my wife. We’ve also had enough time to hang out with several different friends, and that has been cool too.
- We went back down to Tennessee this past weekend to spend a little more time with Jen’s family and to see some old friends and spend some time with my parents. We had a good time, and it was a lot less rushed than most of our Tennessee excursions.
- I got to meet up with a close friend that I lived with for four years during college. We went to a little shop in Memphis that was sporting a La Marzocco Linea. Unfortunately, this Linea was paired with illy coffee beans…to quote Captain Hook, “Bad Form.” Despite the lackluster coffee selection on the part of the store, the conversation was great. I love how you can truly just ‘pick up’ with old friends in a way you can’t with other people.
- Our Tennessee Trail excursions have been accompanied by the soundtrack of Harry Potter audiobooks (since November I think). I expect we will be through the series by the end of this week. Then, we will go see the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 with some friends.
- I start a 4-day class next week entitled “Head and Heart in Augustine, Anselm, Calvin, and Edwards.” I’m really excited about the class, although I am not excited about the 8:00am-8:00pm duration of it. Too bad I don’t have a Mypressi Twist.
- My penultimate semester begins on February 1st!
- I like the word “penultimate.”
- I begin in earnest my research for my Masters Thesis on the Kirchenkampf this semester.
- We have a lot of opportunities before us, and we are really excited about the future. It does not seem like we have been in Louisville for over 2-1/2 years. I am thankful for our time here, and I like it here in Louisville (aside from the general yankeeness); yet, we are excited and hopeful for what the future holds.
That’s really all the time I have for now. I hope all is well, and hopefully I can post again soon.
Until later friends…