Happy Friday! I am very excited that it is Friday, as you may know from yesterday’s post. Friday is always a special day in the office. Especially every other Friday when we get free doughnuts! Several of us come in to work at the crack of dawn several days a week to make up hours we miss due to our classes. I’ve been dragging for the past couple of days, so I was very excited to walk in to see two boxes of doughnuts and a Chemex full of coffee this morning. Since, I’m feeling chipper today, I’m going to do a bloglist that is more cheerful than yesterday’s:
- I enjoyed hanging out with Jen last night at watching the Bewitched movie.
- I think the director, or one of the producers, of Bewitched is a coffee snob, because both a Bodum French Press and what looked very much like a Victoria Arduino espresso machine made prominent appearances in the film.
- Fun conversation this morning in the office about Christian hymns using tunes from Classical music (e.g. “Be Still My Soul” set to Sibelius’ Finlandia“)
- On this day in 1787 Mozart’s Don Giovanni premiered in Prague.
- Happy Birthday to Bob Ross a.k.a. Mr. Happy-Tree Man
- What has happened to the Rangers?!
- I still don’t know how I feel about the Cubs hiring Mike Quade as manager instead of Ryne Sandberg.
- Have I mentioned that I”m really glad that it’s Friday
- And here’s a little Finlandia for your listening pleasure (on your own time, not your work’s)
Until later friends…