You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Krispy Kreme’ tag.
Today is National Coffee Day. Hooray for coffee! I love coffee.
Today is a happy day in our office, which is comprised of a bunch of coffee nerds. I realize that many people use coffee as a drug, and this is bad. Some companies embrace this coffee addiction, like Dunkin Donuts:
I oppose caffeine addiction, but I wholeheartedly support coffee. Across the country there are all sorts of giveaways celebrating coffee today. Both 7-Eleven and Krispy Kreme are giving away free coffee today. That is about what their coffee is worth in my opinion. In honor of National Coffee Day, let’s talk a little bit about good coffee.
On Good Coffee Brewing
Mr. Coffee is Inconsistent
- Sorry, but Mr. Coffee does not give you proper temperature stability or equal extraction.
Manual Brewing is the Way to Go
- In honor of National Coffee Day, Prima Coffee is offering 10% off of manual brewers from their manual brewing blog post. Simply enter “coffeeday” in the coupon field during checkout.
Coffee beans should not be black
- This means they are burnt. Burnt = bad.
Coffee has More Nuances than Wine
- Scientific fact. Check this article on coffee and wine. Plus, drinking coffee and driving will never get you arrested.
Grind Immediately Before you Brew
- Coffee loses its flavor exponentially the longer it sits ground. Never buy pre-ground coffee – even if it is vaccuum sealed.
Those are a few hints towards a better coffee experience. Now, lets talk about some great coffee suppliers.
On Buying Coffee Beans
Don’t buy Starbucks coffees
- They are burnt, and even if they were roasted to an acceptable level, you won’t get them until many weeks after their roast date.
Check out some great National Roasters
Find a Local Roaster in your Hometown
- If you want to try out lots of different coffees, try out a coffee subscription. Craft Coffee‘s subscription intrigues me.
That is all I have for National Coffee Day. Go enjoy some great coffee, and if you don’t have a great way of making coffee, check out Prima Coffee’s sale today.
Until later friends….